Duchesnay USA, located in Rosemont, Pennsylvania, is a specialty pharmaceutical company with a long-standing commitment to women’s health. Until recently, the company focused on filling the void in terms of scientific research and education and on developing pharmacological solutions that are safe and effective for use during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Today, Duchesnay has broadened its portfolio of products to offer safe and effective therapeutic options that meet the health and quality of life needs of women and their family members at different stages of their lives.
For more information about Duchesnay USA, please visit www.DuchesnayUSA.com.
Summary of the role
Working in Distribution Management can be very challenging, but equally rewarding. Reporting to the General Manager of Duchesnay USA and supporting all our US businesses, the incumbent is responsible for 3PL vendor management in order to ensure timely and uninterrupted supply of our products. This position supports cross-functional groups by performing analysis, preparing reports, tracking budgets, and leading continuous improvement initiatives. Support to our US Controller and Corporate Finance will also be part of this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage warehousing and logistics of products.
- Monitor and manage stock levels, delivery times and transportation costs.
- Coordinate and control the order cycle. You are also expected to monitor quality, quantity, cost and efficiency of the movement and storage of goods.
- Assist with oversight of 3PL (ICS) activities. Quickly and efficiently prioritize and resolve shipping issues and billing errors.
- Perform commercial and clinical supplies product planning activities, including, but not limited to supply planning, on-time placement of Purchase Orders (PO’s), and coordinate order fulfillment for on-time delivery to purchase order requirements.
- Monitor vendor performance through reports and quantitative measures to assess their ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
- Participate in supply planning meetings with Commercial, Finance, Operations, etc., ensuring alignment on monthly plans, forecasts, and any other supply chain topics.
- Complying with all aspects of Supply Agreement sections pertaining to timeliness of submitted forecasts and purchase orders, pricing, and contractual exclusivity and/or minimums.
- Enter and maintain forecasts into planning tool (EXCEL and/or ERP system), coordinating with Operations and external partners on demand.
- Analyze sales and inventories of wholesalers on a weekly basis. Analyzing returns should also be done periodically.
- Work with internal organizations such as Accounting, Finance, Procurement, and Supply Chain Management on issues related to the payment of freight invoices and the associated accounting coding.
- Manage the weekly fallout/exception data files to ensure timely payment of invoices to carrier Net Terms.
- Establish and maintain inventory goals in collaboration with Operations.
- Perform timely inventory transactions as required to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Identify and investigate variances, and work with Finance to resolve.
- Work with CSP’s, Quality, Finance and other functional areas to coordinate and resolve inventory, shipping and destruction issues.
- Identify non-compliant Supplier situations and develop corrective action plans to ensure shipping and invoicing procedures are properly followed.
- Become a subject matter expert on carrier contracts to successfully perform internal invoice and other audits on a regular basis.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining productivity and performance reports, trend analysis, and delivering to expected SLA's.
- Support the corporate controller in the development of presentations that deliver succinct / concise recommendations to management with rationale for recommendations.
- Monitor and reconcile inventory movements with third party logistics services.
- Maintain and coordinate relations with third-party vendors in order to ensure efficient and timely flow of information needed for financial reporting.
- Support contract with vendors for services by ensuring appropriate internal authorization, payment terms, and timely execution of agreements.
- Sample inventory management.
- Demand planning and forecasting.
- Direct sales reporting.
- Manage the patient assistance program.
- Serve a backup for Accounts Payable.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by management.
Education: College degree in business; or related degree required. Equivalent experience may be acceptable. APICS certification an asset.
Experience: At least five years of materials management experience required (production planning, inventory control, and logistics). Prior ERP experience in a similar role required. Experience in a pharmaceutical or similar FDA regulated industry utilizing cGMP’s preferred. Thorough knowledge and understand of Planning/Supply Chain concepts and tools and Inventory Control processes.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of 852 and 867 wholesaler data
- Knowledge of customs and importation requirements
- Must have ability to work and remain organized and flexible in a fast-paced environment.
- Vendor and project management.
- Ability to work individually and in cross functional groups.
- Ability to build and create reports using external and internal data sources.
- Proficient with MS-Office applications and knowledgeable in ERP systems.
- General understanding of accounting concepts and best practices.
- Some knowledge of pharmaceutical external data sources (IMS, Symphony).
- Understanding of the flow of pharmaceuticals through the US market (manufacturer, wholesaler, pharmacy, patient) and relative data sources for each.
- Detailed oriented with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Able to travel (approximately 1 – 3 trips per year as required).
- Customer focus with excellent communication skills.
- Integrity and exemplary code of conduct and ethics.
We offer a competitive salary (hourly salary, non-exempt) and a full range of fringe benefits. This is a permanent position of 40 hours per week, available immediately.
If you are interested and have the required qualifications, send us your resume before June 24, 2019.
- By e-mail: email@example.com
- By fax: 484 380-2658
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted.
Duchesnay USA is an equal opportunity employer.